What’s It About?
Welcome to RehearsalTracks.net!
Learning your notes is just the first step to attaining a good choral sound, but it is also one of the most fundamental. Ideally choir members learn their notes prior to each rehearsal so that precious rehearsal time can be spent refining and enhancing the overall sound.
Unfortunately, there are a number of obstacles in the singer’s path that can prevent them from being fully prepared prior to each rehearsal:
- Perhaps it is difficult to secure time near a piano to help work through difficult passages.
- Or maybe a choir member has trouble reading music and really needs to hear their part “banged out” in order to grasp it.
- Even beyond the initial learning phase, a singer can benefit from repeatedly hearing their part and the work as a whole.
These are the sorts of problems we aim to help you solve!
How Does It Work?
The rehearsal tracks hosted on this site are designed to provide consistent, easy access to rehearsal resources throughout the duration of the concert season.
Each piece of music can be played live using our special online player, which boasts features including:
- easy and fast movement between multiple pieces
- direct jumps to specific page, measure, and rehearsal numbers
- live tempo adjustment and display
- immediate switching between several difficulty levels
- the ability to transpose up to an octave in either direction
Singers can use the tracks at the easiest difficulty level as a starting off point for woodshedding early in the season. Once perfected, they can then progress to using harder variants as a longer-term “backing track” for rehearsal throughout the season.